Thought For The Day – 15 September 2014September 15, 2014
A Shot Of Wheatgrass A DayOctober 1, 2014
- Ujjayi Breath – is very detoxifying, as it heats the body and expels toxins from the upper respiratory tract
- Sweat – the continuous movement in Ashtanga encourages a lot of sweat, the body’s way of releasing toxins through the skin
- Joints – on around the 3rd day, toxins begin to be released from the joints, allowing for freer movement and a deeper practice
- Lymphatic drainage – the extensive muscle contraction in Ashtanga practice acts as a pump for the lymphatic system, allowing for effective lymphatic drainage
- Calm mind – the mind is very calm and focused during a detox, as there is no digestion taking place, therefore giving the brain more “thinking power”. This is a great opportunity to focus on bandas, breath, and drishti.